“Discover the untouched beauty of Diglipur, where azure waters meet pristine shores, and lush jungles beckon adventurers. A hidden paradise that captivates hearts and leaves memories etched in sand.”
Let’s explore the main tourist destinations in Diglipur:
1. Ross and Smith Islands: Ross and Smith Islands are twin islands connected by a natural sandbar. These islands are a paradise for nature lovers, offering crystal-clear turquoise waters, white sandy beaches, and vibrant coral reefs. Visitors can indulge in swimming, snorkeling, and sunbathing while enjoying the breathtaking views and tranquil surroundings.
2. Saddle Peak National Park: Saddle Peak National Park is a must-visit destination for nature enthusiasts. It is the highest point in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands and is home to diverse flora and fauna. The park offers trekking trails amidst dense tropical forests, allowing visitors to explore the rich biodiversity, spot endemic bird species, and enjoy panoramic views from the summit.
3. Kalipur Beach: Kalipur Beach is a picturesque black sand beach located near Kalipur Village in Diglipur. Known for its unique beauty and tranquility, the beach offers a peaceful atmosphere, gentle waves, and a chance to witness stunning sunsets. It is an ideal spot for relaxation, beachcombing, and birdwatching.
4. Ramnagar Beach: Ramnagar Beach is a secluded and pristine beach in Diglipur. With its golden sands, clear blue waters, and serene surroundings, it provides a perfect escape from the crowds. Visitors can enjoy sunbathing, swimming, and long walks along the shoreline while immersing themselves in the beauty of nature.
5. Pathi Level Beach: Pathi Level Beach is a hidden gem located about 20 kilometers from Diglipur. It is a relatively untouched beach with calm waters and beautiful coral reefs. The beach is known for its tranquility and is a great spot for leisurely walks, sunbathing, and picnics amidst the serene atmosphere.
6. Lamiya Bay Beach: Lamiya Bay Beach is a secluded beach known for its unspoiled natural beauty and calm waters. It is accessible via a short trek through lush green forests, adding an adventurous element to the visit. The beach offers a peaceful retreat and opportunities for swimming and snorkeling.
7. Alfred Caves: Alfred Caves are a fascinating attraction located near Diglipur. These limestone caves feature stalactite and stalagmite formations, creating an enchanting underground world. Visitors can explore the caves with a guide, marvel at the unique rock formations, and learn about their geological significance.
Diglipur is well-connected to Port Blair, the capital of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, by road and sea. It offers limited accommodation options, including government guesthouses and eco-resorts.
With its pristine beaches, dense forests, and breathtaking natural landscapes, Diglipur offers a serene and offbeat experience for travelers seeking tranquility and a closer connection with nature. It is a hidden gem that showcases the unspoiled beauty of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.